It is hardly possible to overestimate the benefits of a positive attitude throughout the day. He helps us to cope with many difficulties. Try the following simple rules and pleasant little things to set a good and hearty tone for your day, starting from the moment you wake up.
- Wake up with the thought of a new day that it has just begun. Do not let yesterday’s troubles affect him before you begin.
- Let the first thing you eat bears good for you: fruits, vegetables, eggs, nuts. The better you feel in the morning, the more opportunities you have to successfully spend the rest of the day.
- Go for a walk, at least ten minutes. The brain and body need time to take a breath.
- If the task can be completed in a minute, do not postpone it, but do it right away. Even if you have to do it ten times, it’s a total of ten minutes that you don’t need to include in your endless to-do list.
- Wherever you go, do not forget to take a warm thing with you.
- Remember: what you do every day is more important, something you do from time to time.
- Always put your clothes away.
- Treat others with respect, even if they do not in relation to you. This will not allow to carry with them their negative burden.
- Every twenty minutes look away from the computer screen, your eyes need a rest. Try concentrating on another object for about twenty seconds, then you can go back to work.
- Hang a robe on the inside of the door to your bedroom: so you can throw it on as soon as you get out of bed. It will make the morning a little more pleasant.
- Carry a moisturizer with SPF protection.
- You can take a nap if there is a need, but not more than thirty minutes.
- If you feel incredibly tired, have a cup of coffee, tea or lemonade before taking a nap. It takes about twenty minutes for the caffeine to digest: when you wake up, you will find you are alert.
- Do not delay with replies to e-mails - do away with it, do everything possible to return to an empty box.
- However, do not respond to letters on work after seven in the evening, if this is not an emergency situation. Until the last fifteen years, people did not have any mail at all, and their colleagues will endure for twelve hours.
- Practice mindfulness with other people. In conversations, completely immerse yourself in what was said by the interlocutor, instead of planning what should be said further.
- Put an alarm clock on the table, dresser or any other place that will make you get out of bed in the morning and turn it off. This will prevent you from unknowingly poking the repeat button six times in a row, while you are half asleep.
- Write a letter to a friend with whom you have not communicated for a long time, and say that you are bored.
- Remember: your body is not a subject of discussion or evaluation. This is a reservoir that allows you to explore the world, communicate with others, try and learn something, experience new sensations.
- Read the book chapter per day. Probably, in a month you will read it completely.
- Before you go to bed, do a little cleaning in the apartment (at least a little). Much nicer to wake up clean and tidy than among the mess.
- Laugh. Nothing makes you feel better instantly than sincere laughter.